Chat

Coyotee: [23:59] cel mai probabil boti
spyderverr: [02:43] cauta lumea ceva prin post-urile vechi sau doar sta lumea online pe prima pagina? )
spyderverr: [02:42] Total online: 288
spyderverr: [02:42] cica:
dmf: [05:30] blast from the past
MC Hammer:
desu
Silver.C: [21:49] desu
Urfe: [11:59] Ziua buna
MC Hammer:
desu
Ranma-kun: [17:44] Desu
Arhiva

Reclama

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MaNGAshop.ro

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Vn Impressions

elpreda
post Oct 22 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Anathema of Reason

Group: Members+
Member No.: 4.917

So I'm bored and the forum could do with a post.

You're supposed to write your opinion on different VNs you've read using a format. Poate fi util daca vrei sa tii minte ce parere ai avut acum nustiu cat timp despre un VN cand l-ai citit, find something new to read, blablabla si avand in vedere ca lista de VN-uri nu e nici pe departe la fel de lunga ca cea de anime e realizabil.
I wonder if anyone else is gonna post besides me.

NAME - (NOT) HENTAI
ART/GRAPHICS
MUSIC
GAMEPLAY (if any)
STORY
OTHER NOTES

Note that I at least will be marking them using the "Japanese standards", meaning that a mediocre story will probably still be better than most stories in western games whereas superior gameplay may still me inferior to the average western game.

So here's a few VNs to start off:

Fate Stay Night - Hentai

Art - Decent, nothing spectacular here, but nothing bad either

Music - Nothing stands out, which is a bad thing in my book

Story - Had a few changes of heart on this matter. Final verdict: Kinda weak.

Other notes - My first VN. L-am citit dupa ce am vazut animeul and even then the first route left me rather disappointed. After seeing the true potential of the Fate universe realised in the Fate/Zero series my opinion of it plummeted even more. My advice don't bother with it. Go watch Fate/Zero since it's a true masterpiece and read the Type Moon wiki for some more info.

Sengoku Rance - Hentai

Art - Good

Music - Awesome, some of the best battle and boss themes ever

Gameplay - Very good! I mean it. Really good Turn Based Strategy that's not overly complicated and inaccessible to newcomers to the genre.

Story - You're gonna love the main char even if you hate him. The story is as simple as it can be, but Rance can making even the most stupid things enjoyable.

Other notes - If you've played any other Rance game then you know what I'm talking about. The game would be worth playing even just for the main character. Add some great music and gameplay to that and you get one of the best VNs ever.

Rewrite - NOT Hentai

Art - Excellent

Music - Amazing

Gameplay - Consists in finding some hidden bubbles on a map which I found rather annoying.

Story - Masterpiece. Go read it. There no hentai, almost no gameplay, and limited romantic development so most of the effort went into making a great story. And it succeeded.

Other notes - This is one of the absolutely must read VNs. Alas, there is one misfortune that plagues it and that is inconsistency. The routes are written by several authors so there's an inconsistency in quality and story between routes belonging to different authors.

Yosuga no Sora - Hentai

Art - Good enough

Music - Nothing stands out

Story - Mediocre

Other notes - Only went there for the twincest, so I only read Sora's route because of the twincest. It also has twincest...................twincest

Katawa Shoujo - Hentai

Art - Acceptable

Music - Very Good. Might not seem impressive at first but once you get into the story you'll come to appreciate it. Also hearing the title music after finishing a route is known to give the sensation of having your chest crushed.

Story - A masterpiece among masterpieces. Stories with no fantasy, action, competitions or anything of the sort start off with a really big minus for me, yet this VN managed to make an impression on me unlike anything else.

Other notes - This VN is as good as they say and should be read by anyone in my opinion. It is also (unfortunately) quite short so you can safely push it up if it's somewhere far on the to-read list.

Clannad - NOT Hentai

Art - Good

Music - Decent

Story - Very Good

Other notes - I'd say the anime did the VN justice. If you liked it go ahead and play the game as well.

Monster Girl Quest - Hentai, lots of hentai

Art - Very good

Music - Very good

Gameplay - Reasonably good. While many parts are scripted and battles are short they do offer a small amount of enjoyment, especially that surrender button.

Story - Surprisingly good. Many come for the hentai and stay for the story... and the hentai.

Gata am scris destul, mi-e lene. Mai trec altele mai tarziu.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

cg1700
post Oct 23 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Slacker

Member No.: 9.743

QUOTE(elpreda @ Oct 22 2013, 10:36 PM)
Monster Girl Quest - Hentai, lots of hentai

Art - Very good

More like Art variates from very good to pretty shitty.
+Quote Post

elpreda
post Oct 23 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Anathema of Reason

Member No.: 4.917

True that. Nevertheless I find there's more good than shitty.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Anime in Romania
Muza-chan.net
Anime-Club Circle
Diclonius Subs

Termeni si conditii de utilizare
Hosting provided by Forbin

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:01 PM
| Home | Help | Search | Members | Calendar |